Casual croquet in Lancaster
Lancaster is building a croquet court behind the Senior Life Center and will be playing Golf
Croquet, a game that is fun to play and provides 30 to 40 minuets of outdoor exercise to all ages.
Golf Croquet is not the game you played as a kid on lazy summer days.
This an adult game of skill and cunning, played by people looking for fun and light exercise. The
Lancaster Croquet Association will play a season of 4 to 6 weeks, consisting of a regular season
culminating in a tournament to determine the Lancaster Golf Champion. In the regular season
members will be playing other members to enhance their skills and hone their tactics for the season
In addition to season play there will be invitational tournaments to include, church groups,
interested citizens, and civic groups. In this way we can build a croquet culture that draws from
Lancaster and the surrounding area.
Croquet an adult game of skill and cunning,
played by people looking for fun and light exercise.
How to Play
- There are four balls, blue, red, black and yellow, which must be played in that order.
- A turn consists of just one stroke or strike.
- Each person starts on the court within one yard of the corner shown. In succeeding turns
you strike your ball from where it lies. The first hoop to be run is hoop 1, in the direction indicated
on the diagram. The fun part is knocking your opponents out of the way
- Once someone has run hoop 1 everyone then plays to run hoop 2, and so on. The game
proceeds in the sequence shown and the first player to run seven hoops wins.
- If a ball other than the striker’s ball is hit through the hoop (peeled) by the striker’s ball then
the hoop counts for that peeled ball, even if the striker’s ball also goes through that hoop.
Be nice, This is Gentiel sport